How To Do Mountain Climber Exercise
BENEFITS OF THE MOUNTAIN CLIMBER EXERCISE
Mountain climbers are another full body workout so by engaging most muscles in the body you are burning more calories in less time.
They can be performed anywhere as they only require a space and your own body weight.
They benefit muscular and cardiovascular fitness whilst also improving flexibility, blood circulation and overall strength
Mountain climbers is a full body work out and here are a few of the muscles they work; Deltoids, biceps, triceps, pectoralis major, obliques, rectus abdominals, lower trapezius, latissimus dorsi, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip adductors, hip abductors
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Assume a press up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart with straight arms
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg
- Continue alternating for the desired number of reps or time
MOUNTAIN CLIMBER VARIATION
If you are new to mountain climbers perform the knee to chest motion slow and steadily then build it up to a faster pace with practice.
If you are more advanced try placing your hands on an elevated platform such as a step as this will make the mountain climber more difficult.