How To Do Leg Raises
HOW TO DO LEG RAISE EXERCISES
This simple exercise is a great way to work out your abdominal muscles, and is an especially easy one for beginners. Start doing this exercise regularly, and you’ll be one step closer to the amazing abs you’ve always wanted!Target zone: Abdominal muscles
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Lie flat on your back with your legs stretched out in front of you. If you feel uncomfortable, try lying on carpet or on a yoga mat. If you have back problems, fold a towel and put it under the curve of your back, just above your hips. Keep your hands flat down on the ground.
- Bend your legs and raise them, keeping your toes pointed. Your thighs should be perpendicular to your body, while your shins are parallel.
- Straighten your legs so that they’re pointed at the ceiling. Keep your toes pointed. For a harder workout, skip Step 2 and slowly raise your legs to the ceiling without bending them.
- Slowly lower your legs to about an inch off the floor. Don’t just let gravity work for your – make sure you’re in control. If the exercise feels too easy, try to lower more slowly.
- Slowly raise your legs back up to the ceiling.
- Repeat 5 times, then rest for 30 seconds. Try to do 3 sets for now – you can add more later on.