MUSCLE GROUPS WORKED
The plank works almost every main muscle and here are a few: deltoids, biceps, triceps, obliques, rectus abdominis, latissimus dorsi, pectorals major, gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings, gastrocnemius.
If the plank is to much for your elbows you can perform it with extended arms, always leave a small hollow in your hands to protect the wrists.
HOW TO DO A PLANK
- Start by getting into a press up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight ono your forearms and not on your hands.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- Engage your core by sucking your belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for the prescribed time.
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP
You can track your progress with our new mobile app which is available for iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets, and is available now in the app stores.