How To Do A Plank
Plank helps you to build strength in your core, upper and lower body so its a good full body work out. You do not need any equipment to perform this exercise all you need is a bit of space.
Improves flexibility by stretching muscles and will improve posture if performed regularly.
MUSCLE GROUPS WORKED
The plank works almost every main muscle and here are a few: deltoids, biceps, triceps, obliques, rectus abdominis, latissimus dorsi, pectorals major, gluteus maximus, quadriceps, hamstrings, gastrocnemius.
HOW TO DO A PLANK
- Start by getting into a press up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight ono your forearms and not on your hands.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- Engage your core by sucking your belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for the prescribed time.
If the plank is to much for your elbows you can perform it with extended arms, always leave a small hollow in your hands to protect the wrists.